Monday, April 11, 2016

Let's Procrastinate.... Later

Today I saw a guy with a mustache and a sign that read: "Let's procrastinate.... Later." Although it was very funny, I had the sudden epiphany that I haven't posted a single blog post for English 2010, and the semester is swiftly drawing to a close. Why have I done such a crazy thing?! Oh well. In fact, I am sitting in the middle (Well, I'm not in the middle. I'm on an aisle.) of a Chemistry 1220 S.I., jumping between solving electrochemical reactions and writing this desperate first blog post. 

Which brings me to a question: why are humans so good at procrastination? Yes, some are better than others, but we have all done it at one time or another. This rather philosophical musing of mine could elicit several responses. Nevertheless, my answer is this: it is difficult to take the first step. Or leap. Or bound. It all depends on the difficulty of the task you are undertaking, whether it's leaping off the high dive or bounding (in a frantic manner) into writing 14 blog posts before the semester end. I'm all about making short and long term goals, so my new aim is to become better at taking first steps/leaps/bounds. Hopefully procrastination will no longer be a presence in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment