- While awake, your brain generates between 10 and 23 watts of power—or enough energy to power a light bulb.
- Neurons develop at the rate of 250,000 neurons per minute during early pregnancy.
- The average number of thoughts humans are believed to experience each day is 70,000.
- Information can be processed as slowly as 0.5 meters/sec or as fast as 120 meters/sec (about 268 miles/hr).
- The human brain makes up 2% of our body weight, making it the largest brain to body size in the animal kingdom.