Friday, April 29, 2016

Focus Determines Reality

Qui-Gon Jinn, in Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace, tells the young Anakin Skywalker to "Always remember your focus determines your reality."

George Lucas, you are oh-so-wise.

In other words, what we dwell on daily is going to become our days. It's important to evaluate every once in a while where our focus lies or else we will end up where we had no intention of going. 

I've realized with finals and a lot of busyness going on that I may just be trying to get through one thing to the next. This isn't how it should be though. These finals and classes are vehicles to my career, a career where I'll be able to help people and make a difference in the world. That should be my focus. I've also realized that I've been down on myself about a lot of small things. It's so easy to let negativity creep in, but if I allow myself to feel this way, it will become my reality. And what a scary thought that is!

It's so important to know where we want to go and what we want to be, so that we can align our everyday actions with those goals. Only then do we achieve the reality we dream of. 

No comments:

Post a Comment