Monday, April 25, 2016

Golden Days

Ya wanna know the hardest part about college? It's not finals week. It's not late nights finishing essays.  It's not the social life. It's the lack of adorable furry friends. All my apartment can lay claim to is a beta fish named Cucumber. Although he seems to perk up endearingly when the fish food shaker approaches, his attentions do not suffice.

This is not Cucumber the beta fish.



Nothing compares to the love, loyalty, and adoration of a dog. I miss not having to sweep (because you have a living vacuum cleaner on-duty 24 hours). I miss hearing the jingle of dog tags coming down the hall. I miss being woken up in the morning because someone is so excited to lick your face. Despite being able to see my dog, Brinkley, when we visit my family occasionally, my fiance and I decided we need a dog of our own. WE ARE THE DEFINITION OF DOG HUNGRY (meaning we really want to love and own one, not that we're from Korea and barbarically consume the most wonderful creature on Earth). 

The dog of choice for our first pup? 


THIS GUY.


Well, probably not this exact guy but one of his kin. Golden retrievers are incredibly adorable, both in looks and personality, and we just know that Stockton (yes, we already have a name) will be loved and love in return. We'll take him hiking, feed him pretzels, and teach him tricks--all the important things.

 So until these golden (retriever) days, we'll just keep dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment