Saturday, April 30, 2016

Better Together

Coming from high school, I can say that I had a somewhat skewed idea of what love is. After a relationship with a complete narcissist that left me in pieces, I came up here to Utah State, not really wanting to fall for anyone. I've always been ambitious in my education, so I was focusing on completing my bachelor's degree and heading out of state for a master's. Marriage was definitely not a priority. My plans changed completely though when I met Joshua Deron Tinsley.

I used to think that love was a dance to please the other person, giving up much of who I am. I used to think that love was critical.
I used to think I was never enough.

Now, there are days I can't help but feel these things still. Some scars don't go away overnight. However, I always have Josh to remind me the way it should be.

Love is being who you are and accepting the other person. Josh has never asked me to be anyone other than Hope. He has never been critical of me and my weaknesses. I am his everything, and I am enough.

We're getting married 20 days from today, and I couldn't be more excited. Things are so good because we are truly better together. *Cue Jack Johnson*


No comments:

Post a Comment