Sunday, February 23, 2014

Old-Fashioned

Call me old-fashioned, but sometimes I wish life was like an old movie...


I could zip along a street in Rome like Audrey Hepburn and Gregory Peck.

Gregory Peck and Audrey Hepburn in "Roman Holiday" This makes me happy because it was mentioned in the book Mark of Athena..love<3
Even princesses need a holiday sometimes. 

I could sing in the rain without getting weird looks.

Google Image Result for http://rsachi.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/prom09-22-2.jpeg
Well, maybe if it's after 1:30 in the morning. 

I could go sailing for an afternoon with Humphrey Bogart.

"Sabrina" Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn 1954 Paramount  "we have no bananas today"
"No, father. The moon is reaching for me."

I could go on crazy adventures with a leopard named Baby and a dog named George. 

1938.  Bringing Up Baby.  Cary Grant and Katherine Hepburn.  Hilarious!
Oh, and Cary Grant, of course. 

I could look ever-so-elegant while solving a murder. 

James Stewart & Grace Kelly in Rear Window (Alfred Hitchcock, 1954)
Spying on the neighbors seems somewhat enjoyable. 


And last, but not least... I could twirl in a dress, dancing like Danny Kaye and Vera Ellen.

Because we all know the best things happen while you're dancing.

 I've always tried my best to emulate the class of these on-screen ladies because they respected themselves, yet knew how to have fun in life.There's just something about these old movies that speaks of a lost magic, a time and place long ago, and I've been in love with them for as long as I can remember.

So. Now you all know what I daydream about.

2 comments:

  1. This is perfect. You're perfect. I wish for those same things, but you already knew that. Love you, sista!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU'VE ACTUALLY SEEN THESE? :D You seriously are so classy. You've seen alfred hitchcocks rear window? how about Pycho? Birds?

    ReplyDelete